Music transfer

Reaction score
Some time back I ripped my entire CD collection and it is all stored on the Windows PC and they are all .wma files. What is the best way to transfer the collection to the iMac? Will I have to convert the files to a different format so that they will appear in iTunes?:eek:

Reaction score
i think itunes will convert it for you when you add them to the library. im not sure of this though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Easywma is the app you're after. Works great for me.

http://www.easywma.com/

But if the wma is encrypted by drm or something then you're out of luck. Nothing will play or convert those on mac as far as I know.

SO you just transfer all the WMAs to your imac. Convert to MP3 with the app. Then send into itunes and it'll read them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If you still have a PC, then just dump those files into iTunes and let iTunes convert it for you. After that is done, transfer them to the mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.