Key Chain becoming forgetful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Just recently, my keychain is becoming forgetful. Open iTunes and it will prompt me to enter my account details again (I used it for over a year without this happening) and Camino/Safari sometimes forget my log-on details for YouTube, IGN and American Express amongst others.

Usually happens in betweem sleep states, i.e. not when I reboot, which is even stranger.

I have noticed this happening since going to Leopard 10.5.1 - didn't happen on Tiger or 10.5.0

Anyone else experiencing this? I have not altered any security settings from the default.

M

MacHeadCase

Have you tried resetting Keychain.app? Maybe that would solve it although (I'm guessing here) it almost sounds like the sleep process clogs up some cache somewhere or something similar.

OP
Zoolook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I'll try that. The iTunes one is the weirdest, because after I entered my account details in Oct 2006 when I got this MacBook, I never had to do it again until about 2 weeks ago, and now it's almost daily.

The Camino/Safari prompts are a bit more random - but before Leopard I always used Firefox, not Camino. Firefox doesn't use Keychain, so I don't know if the issue would have been there before.

M

MacHeadCase

Sometimes I will get that re-enter user account/password on iTunes Music Store as well and I'm on 10.4.11 Tiger. I would venture to think it's because traffic is too high but that has happened to me as well when I go lurk at foreign iTMS, wondering when we're going to get certain albums here just like the European online stores.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.