• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Well just broke up with my girlfriend......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram
My advice is to not waste your H.S. time being in a serious relationship. I had a serious boyfriend from when I was 15 till after I graduated, and I feel like I missed out on a lot of High School fun. Spend as much time with your friends as you can,while you still can. You have the rest of your life for serious relationships.

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
My advice is to not waste your H.S. time being in a serious relationship. I had a serious boyfriend from when I was 15 till after I graduated, and I feel like I missed out on a lot of High School fun. Spend as much time with your friends as you can,while you still can. You have the rest of your life for serious relationships.

probably true, thanks....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
is true, high school should be more about fun with friends than being in a serious relationship

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
is true, high school should be more about fun with friends than being in a serious relationship
Very true, not to mention when you get off to college, kiss that high school relationship goodbye. It is fun watching the freshmen trying to keep them going their first year into college. Nearly all of them are done before the end of the first semester.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz, 15 inch, 3gb ram.
Wow... that's crazy. I had a similar thing happen, although we had been dating for a year and then she went to visit her mom 3 1/2 hours away and decided to start living there without talking to me about it. Then she wanted me to make things work (drive 7 hours round trip every weekend of my senior year) and like a fool I said ok. She ended up blowing me off a couple times the night before I was heading down there and eventually got another boyfriend, then broke up with me on.... da da da da... MSN messenger. I'm strongly considering the possibility that we might still be together if I had never installed it on my mac.

Sorry to hear about that although you might be over it by now for all I know. Keep you head up though and don't take one girl's opinion and apply it to every girl you're going to encounter. Just imagine yourself a year from now... you'll probably laugh at this whole situation:)

Reaction score
It does work occasionally - I met my wife when I was 11 and she was 10 and we are still together! Of course we are the only ones out of both of our graduating classes that ARE still together.

I have a similar story,
only weirder.

My grandmother married her....................(drumroll) 6th GRADE SCHOOLTEACHER!!

Obviously not in 6th grade though.
They hated each other during school, but well, 5 years later they got married when she was 17, he was in his late 20s i think.

They were married for 30 years until death did them part.

But still, no matter what others say-

ALthough a week and a half isnt long,

it can still be crushing, just depends on the person.
When a girlfriend of over a year broke up a year ago, i was devastated. I would have been just as devastated if it was a week and a half- some people you just click with. She was (and still is) the most unique person to come to my closed minded town. We were a good couple (so people said)- two of the weirdest most unique people ever.
She moved on eventually, and found someone new about 2 weeks ago.
I,
havent.

But we are still great friends---thats the only good way to end things.
unless they screwed you over then you can say GO DROWN IN CHICKEN SPERM, (swear word!)
Okay that was weird.

But im not dwelling in it at all- i dont have time! Im spending time with my friends, that all i care about. I put them before my grades even (thats a bad thing to say but i mustered up a 3.267gpa this term so im good, and i had the hard classes)
because odds are once you leave high school you dont see them again for quite a long time, if ever.

If im not having fun, its not worth it.
If i get a D in all of my classes forever, and i get the "Man, high school was BLAST" feeling, it would be worth it.

If i get A+ and say "man high school sucked!" it wouldnt be worth it. I would get into a good college, get a fancy job, and become a workaholic and never spend time with my family, so my wife would leave me and i woud have to pay outrageous alamony and child support and be screwed forever.

Plus im in band class so i can get laid any time i want ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh come on, it was funny.

Bottom line,

in my relationship, i met new people, learned about new music, television, and lifestyles.

I learned more about one person-and the (relation ship length) was fun,

so should you or i or anyone else regret it?
No.

Personally,
I dont regret anything in my life, and i never will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
date her bestfriend that would make you feel better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
girls dont date younger guys........ ( big generalization i know) but generally true
My first love was 18 when I was 21. And he was a mature 18. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.