want to get rid of OLD computer....

Reaction score
I have a very old --- I'm not even sure if it's the OLD iMac or an eMac -- I have to dig it out of the closet. It's in a box and taking up too much room and I want it gone. It doesn't work anymore but I want to take out the HD and whatever else I need to take out so no one can retrieve information.
My question is.... how do I get the HD out and what else do I need to yank out of it so no info can be taken by someone?
Thanks for any help or links to steer me in the right direction.

Reaction score
A very large hammer should do the trick. :D

The hard drive is the only thing in there that contains any information. Nothing else would need to be removed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Mail the computer to me and I will remove the HD and mail that back and keep the computer for the efforts.
if you want to do it yourself if you have an iMac, remove the 3 or 5 screws on the bottom and take off the bottom. You can remove the HD then. If you have an emac, a hammer will work work the fastest. Those are impossible to get open.

OP
dolphin01
Reaction score
Mail the computer to me and I will remove the HD and mail that back and keep the computer for the efforts.
if you want to do it yourself if you have an iMac, remove the 3 or 5 screws on the bottom and take off the bottom. You can remove the HD then. If you have an emac, a hammer will work work the fastest. Those are impossible to get open.

LOL - you funny. It looks like the one in your little pic on the side. hmm.. a hammer -- good way to take out frustrations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
There should be a guide on the web for this, I have taken apart one of those before (something got stuck in the CD drive.)

There is also a company that will turn the shell of your old imac into a fish tank

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.