Macbook won't turn on...clicking sound ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
It's only 5 months old.....I think it might be the hard drive? When I turn it on, the screen turns on and stays blue....and something keeps clicking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.2/120gb/2gb Santa Rosa - 20" Aluminum Apple Cinema Display
Probably your hard drive, but I wouldn't try fixing it yourself since it's still under warranty.

M

MacHeadCase

Take it in for repairs: as was said by bphoenix, this indeed sounds like hard drive failure starting to happen.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You are still under warantee, take it in.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed, Take it in and ASAP! Sounds for sure like the hard drive.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
Thanks everyone...that is what I was thinking too. It is under warranty and I have the applecare...hopefully they don't have to ship it off.

And no worries about me trying to fix it....after I saw sparks shoot out of my iBook G4 prior to getting this Macbook, I knew my Apple fixing days were over. ;D

Reaction score
i actually had that same problem. with my 2.16c2d mbp last month :s ...and yes it was the hard drive that had failed. on startup i would get that ? mark icon show up. Apple just had me take it to a local dealer and they changed it for me in no time....unfortunatly i lost alot of data...including some pics that i took:(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.