troubles with connecting my imac wirelessly to my imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I've been trying to connect my imac to my wii I just bought using the ADSL connection I have to my imac (it's wired through ethernet) and it's internal airport. But I the wii can't seem to ever get a connection with my mac. When I test the settings I always get a no connection found from the wii. My imac is upstairs and my wii is downstairs. Would this make a difference?

And also I've tried searching on this forum + these 2 links:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070514152251515
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6018088

And had no luck at all.

I'd just like to know how to get my wii to recognise the internal airport from my mac. And I'm pretty sure I have b/g/n on my mac too. If that helps any.

Thanks so much.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
It seems I have fixed my own problem. So I'll share how I did it.

You don't need to use terminal. Just follow all the instructions and put in all the DNS servers and such the above sites tell you too. And on the Wii it has a field to insert a SSID. Leave it blank. I didn't. And when I did, it worked like a charm. Also you have to go to the use this connection part also. And select it. That makes the Wii remember all the settings you just put in.

I don't know how fast it'd be for online gaming as the Wii's connection seems rather slow. I think. Anyways for the non game and downloading channels in the Wii it works just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.