Cleaning iMac Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum Duo Core 20" iMac|
Okay this may sound wierd, I am really anal about my screen being cleaned, I have always been that way and its almost an OCD.:D How is the best way to clean an iMac screen? I have the new aluminum 20" iMac, I have been using this LCD cleaning kit that I got for Christmas two years ago, and I have used windex a couple of times. I honestly think I am messing up my screen though, are any of these substances that I used bad for it? If they are can someone maybe suggest something better to use for cleaning. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.2/120gb/2gb Santa Rosa - 20" Aluminum Apple Cinema Display
I've used windex for years on my lcd and it looks brand new still, I wouldn't worry about it wrecking your screen

Reaction score
I use a damp cloth to wipe it down. I then follow that up with a microfiber cloth to buff out any streaks. No chemicals needed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Damp paper tissue followed by dry paper tissue.

Reaction score
I use Monster Cleaner. It's a blue bottle of liquid and it comes with a cloth. Leaves no streaks. Everything looks perfect. I use it on my iMac, my laptop, and my LCD TV. One bottle has lasted me so far about two years and I have more than half left. It cost like $10 at Best Buy, IIRC.

OP
CorruptioN
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum Duo Core 20" iMac|
I use Monster Cleaner. It's a blue bottle of liquid and it comes with a cloth. Leaves no streaks. Everything looks perfect. I use it on my iMac, my laptop, and my LCD TV. One bottle has lasted me so far about two years and I have more than half left. It cost like $10 at Best Buy, IIRC.

ah sweet, thanks. I used my lcd cleaning kit I have and it seems to of worked nicely, doesn't cotain ammonia either, so I should be all good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.