roll out intel core 2 duo Imac

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got 70 new Intel Core 2 Duo OSX Imac. Instead of painfully installing the same software on them one by one, how can I do this the easy way? I'm new to Mac. I come from Windows. Please show me step by step if you can. I'm lost on the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I will defer to the experts here, but the usual approach would be the same as in the Windows world: load up one iMac with everything you want, make a disk image, and then restore that image to all of the remaining ones. You have to do that painfully, one at a time, I would guess, but if you are installing a lot of different software packages, it would be a real time saver.

So, to the experts: what programs out there can take a disk image to an external hard drive on one machine, and then restore that image to the hard drive of another machine (assuming the two machines are identical of course, which I hope is the case with 70 new iMacs!). The name SuperDuper comes to mind, as well as CarbonCopyCloner, but I have never used these programs, hence the request for further input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
There are a number of free programs for backing up and disk imaging..... super duper is one that springs to mind

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.