• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

An Amazing Development

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Wow, It's a great way to link photos and all. But think about the hi-res screen your going to need, the computer RAM, and the internet connection to pile all of that in.

What's even worse is- it is powered by Microsoft.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Wow, impressive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wow, It's a great way to link photos and all. But think about the hi-res screen your going to need, the computer RAM, and the internet connection to pile all of that in.

What's even worse is- it is powered by Microsoft.

I think you're missing the point. Using the C Dragon technology, you'll apparently be able to do this with with minimal resource requirements. He said the only limiting factor of the system would be you own monitor's resolution. If you notice, he's doing this demo on a laptop. I don't know exactly how it would do that, but even if he explained it, I probably still wouldn't understand.

I remember seeing this video back in May. I saw it right before Steve Jobs demoed the power of 64 bit processing compared to 32 bit by zooming in on an extremely hi-res picture of the library of congress. I had to kind of laugh, because this new processing technology would render such a demonstration completely inane.

This is pretty amazing technology. It makes me think of Apple's nice built-in zoom feature and how much more useful it would be with this technology.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I think we had a discussion about this a while ago (or maybe it was a different forum?). This came out right around the time Microsoft Surface was announced. I was saying how amazing it would be if you were to combine Photosynth with Surface. It would be one of the most amazing devices ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
I remember seeing this video back in May. I saw it right before Steve Jobs demoed the power of 64 bit processing compared to 32 bit by zooming in on an extremely hi-res picture of the library of congress. I had to kind of laugh, because this new processing technology would render such a demonstration completely inane.

i remember watching that 64bit demo and thinking that was absolutely amazing. and this video completely ruins how cool that was.

but either way, that c dragon(?) technology is really neat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.