eMac graphics card glitch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White, 2.4 GHz C2D, Mac OS X 10.6
Hey,
I have a eMac running OS X 10.5.1, but when im using it there seem to be alot of graphic curruptions which casue it to crash/freeze. I have looked online and it is a known issue between the graphic card (ATI Radeon 9200) and core animation, for which there is a update/fix.
However, i cant find the update anywhere. The update i require is the RADEON 9200 MAC EDITION ROM version 124 (113-A27502-124), and AMD do not have this on thier main site and i havent been able to find it anywhere else.
If anyone has this fix or knows a site where is is avalible please help.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried the Driver from this site, but it only updates the ATI software, not the Firmware which is causing the problem :(

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That link re-directed me to AMD site with a message saying
"Unauthorized download
We're sorry, but this download request cannot be authorized."

I think the problem is AMD have taken the update off thier site, meaning all other sites cant re-direct to the file. :(
But i still need this update !!

Reaction score
Any luck with finding this ROM file?

I have the same problem and I can't download this file either. I was hoping that someone could email it to me or show me where to download it. I would really appreciate it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I think you are right gk41. I had downloaded and installed the update for my ATI Radeon 9000 before installing a nVidia GeForce 6200 with Core animation. The file is 7MB which is just too big to email I guess.

Reaction score
Have you been able to find this update? My mac mini is having trouble with my monitor. I have emailed ati, but they gave me a standard reply that is of no help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.