viewing multiple images quickly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, M1 MacBooks
I've searched around but can't seem to find a specific answer for this. I'm still getting used to OS X so please forgive me if this is the dumbest question ever... :Oops:

On a PC, I can insert a CD-R full of pictures to review and quickly open a image viewer to scroll through them with the up/down arrow keys. Is their an equivalent to this with Leopard? With Preview I can do something similar but I first need to drag all the images to the Preview sidebar. Are their other alternatives? Maybe I'm just doing the wrong things with what I already have?

Any help greatly appreciated!

nick

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've searched around but can't seem to find a specific answer for this. I'm still getting used to OS X so please forgive me if this is the dumbest question ever... :Oops:

On a PC, I can insert a CD-R full of pictures to review and quickly open a image viewer to scroll through them with the up/down arrow keys. Is their an equivalent to this with Leopard? With Preview I can do something similar but I first need to drag all the images to the Preview sidebar. Are their other alternatives? Maybe I'm just doing the wrong things with what I already have?

Any help greatly appreciated!

nick

In the latest version of OS X (Leopard), you can click on any picture in the list (one time), then hit the space bar and scroll through your pictures with "Quick Look" just as you would in Windows.

Also, you can put the directory on "Cover flow" view and look at your pictures like that.

If you're using Tiger, you can try CocoViewX or Xee. The latter is very much like Windows' Picture and Fax Viewer.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, M1 MacBooks
Wow, thanks a million. I keep forgetting about Cover Flow. Works great and so does the Quick Look method you mentioned.

Very grateful!

nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Check out Xee, a nice little image viewer that has the happy capability that you can open any file in a folder of files and then use the Page Up / Page Down keys to move through the remaining images in the folder as you wish.

Get Xee at:

http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/xee.html

A quick note. Xee doesn't seem to be color management aware, so unless your files are in sRGB (most are - if you are not sure, don't worry. You would know if they were in some other format) you may find the colors to be a bit off.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Whilst Xee is a decent wee application, i much prefer iView media pro

M

MacHeadCase

I was on the verge of buying iVew Media Pro a little over a year ago, then Micro$oft bought the company. That settled that for me and it was then easy to never mind. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 MacBook Pro
You can select multiple images and use quick view also. It'll also make a slide show that way.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
I was on the verge of buying iVew Media Pro a little over a year ago, then Micro$oft bought the company. That settled that for me and it was then easy to never mind. ;D

Classic!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.