Excel for Mac printing issues

Reaction score
I have recently switched from PC to MAC. I am opening all my excel files in MAC now. However, when I try to print a worksheet - the data in each column moves to the right - into the next column. Print preview shows the worksheet correctly (as it is on screen). I have set the printer and format to A4 (correct), justified to the right and have selected the correct cells to print. At 100% size the worksheet is on 2 pages and the same problems occur. Scaled down to 75% it fits on one page but the data in the columns still move. If I auto format - the data is more where it should be but still shifted to the next column to an extent - also I lose all my other formating (such as borders etc). Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Howdy, and welcome to the forum and the Mac.

Is the data visually moving? I wonder if the indent has been set for all of the data? On the formatting toolbar to the left of the Border formatting button, there are two buttons that control indent (either increase or decrease). It's at least worth a shot. Also, have you checked the alignment (select the cell, then hit CMD + 1 to bring up the dialog; on second tab is alignment, and make sure there are not strange combinations).

Reaction score
excel printing problems

hi--i'm new to mac and to the forum and on bit of a steep learning curve. so first, i apologize for any ranting.
i am having the same printing problems in excel that scamp is having. the alignment (as you suggested) is correct. and still this would not account for the fact that the data (a dash for zero in my case) appears in the next column. and it's not all the cells with zeros. Also, my double underline borders just disappear. they don't print at all, whereas single lines do. all formats are correct in excel and standard on the printer. print preview shows them, but the pdf preview doesn't. must be something when Mac sets up the pdf to send to the printer? anybody solve this problem or am i double-underline-less? :\

Reaction score
excel for mac printing issues

dear scamp,
you may have already solved this problems since it is a couple of months now, but i just went into the cell format dialog box and noticed my cells were marked "wrap text", even though it wasn't needed. once i unclicked that selection, the phantom column moving during printing was resolved. hope this helps you.
i'm still missing my border double underlines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.