Final Cut Express 4 and Final Cut Pro 6

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been working on Final Cut Pro 6 recently on a project (on a desktop). I am leaving the country for a couple months and would like to take my project with me to edit. I have a macbook and have been considering just getting Express just because I don't really need the whole studio. However, I don't know how compatible they are with each other. FCP usually isn't backwards compatible but I don't know enough to know if this is the same thing. Will I still be able to access my footage if I got express?

Also, quick side note, does Express have any form of Soundtrack Pro or Soundtrack Pro 2? I'm going to need that, but have the same questions, how well do they talk to one another.

Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
FCE = FCP FCP ≠ FCE

You can go from express to pro but not from pro to express with your project files.

Reaction score
when i enter the name/organization/serial to fcp 4 the "ok" button of the dialog box is not clickable...any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.