troubleshooting app

EDR

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I remember that there was a program back in the day for PC that allowed me to troubleshoot my friend's pc from mine, and he would just sit there and watch me move his mouse around and fix up his PC. I cant remember what the program was called. I was wondering if there were any apps like that for the mac, as my friend just bought a mac and he's having some trouble with it. He lives on the otherside of the country and It's a little difficult to communicate with him through messenger or over the phone, so if there was something where I could basically show him how to fix his problem, it would help alot.

Thanks,

EDR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
iChat in Leopard can do this.
Thanks to iChat screen sharing, you and your buddy can observe and control a single desktop with iChat, making it a cinch to collaborate with a colleague, browse the web with a friend, or pick plane seats with your spouse. Share your own desktop or your buddy’s — you both have control at all times. And iChat automatically initiates an audio chat when you start a screen sharing session, so you can talk things through while you’re at it.

OP
E

EDR

Reaction score
oh sweet, I'll just have to install leopard once it arrives in the mail. Thanks a ton man!

EDR

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.