Can G4 Quicksilver cause monitor to have weird horizonatal shadows across screen?

Reaction score
:Confused: :Confused: :Confused: I recently had my 19" Envision monitor start displaying unnatural colors and shadows across the screen, as if it was going bad so I went and bought a new 20" HD widescreen ViewSonic. I unpack it, set it up and Wham! It does the same... I calibrate it using the monitor's built in system and it looks even worse .

Can the Mac (700 mHz) have something go bad that causes these horizontal stripes or shadows to extend off the screen where ever there is a horizontal line or stripe on a window, photo, design or even lines of type.? Color images look out of whack with too much red on some or too much of something else on another.

I've been creating graphic designs on Mac for 18 years and never seen this occur.

I appreciate any help from anyone who might have seen this before...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
If it is not the monitor then it has to be the video card as a WAG.

Of course the video circuit on the MB may be going as well. Trial and error time. Take the monitor back. I just switched away from my 867 and 22" viewsonic 8 years old and showing burn in lines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you know anyone near you with a Mac, Quicksilver and MDD models both have 4XAGP cards, ask nicely to bring your Mac round and try their video card and see what happens. As chilbear says has to be the card.

OP
A
Reaction score
Video Card replacement ssuggestions for 733Mhz G4....

What is a good video card to replace the original 6 yr old card with...:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Depends what style of display you are using.

The ATI Radeon 9000 MAC PRO has ADC/DVI and you should be able to pick up a second habnd one for around $50.00. Try and get the 128MB SDRAM version rather that the 64MB.

If you plan to update the CPU for Leopard,the maybe the 9600.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.