How to uninstall?

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to uninstall something from my computer? In windows is was easy but I can't find how to do this.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
drag the application to the Trash... done. :D

OP
K
Reaction score
So you are saying, if I drag Firefox to the trash, and then empty the can it will be completely off my computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yes yes yes. This has been discussed many a times. You are new to this forum, so Welcome. But otherwise, please use the search (Do that now, you will find reasons on why that works on OS X and if there are other ways to do so)

Reaction score
dragging an application to the trash will leave minor preference files on the harddrive.. these are tiny and aren't worth bothering with. If you want to totally uninstall something (like for troubleshooting a problem), you can just Spotlight the name of the application and delete all the little files it left behind.

Some apps come with their own uninstallers, or special instructions on how to uninstall. If that's the case, use those.

Reaction score
I've noticed that CleanApp is great for uninstalling. Its able to find all those little preference files that are normally left behind.

Reaction score
appzapper works great! cleans every single piece of the thing you're trying to delete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.