iSight problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (white) Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, 1 MB RAM, 80 Mb HD
I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue.

I just purchased a new MacBook and i am having trouble getting iSight to work properly in PhotoBooth and iChat (and mirror in dashboard). When it is supposed to be running I get the green LED but a black screen. I remember PhotoBooth working for about 2 days when I first got it. I believe it stopped working after i first tried mirror.

In Yahoo messenger, iSight does work. I am not sure if this is a Leopard issue or C2D issue or what. I know some others have had some issues with this as well.

I have tried creating another user account, same results. i tried deleting the .plist file in Photobooth with no success. Also I tried to open them one at a time.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I've had this same issue for the past year. I have a MBP. Mine worked for a few days, and then started acting up. I've taken it in to the Apple Store on numerous occasions to get it fixed and all they do is boot the computer from an external drive, try it -- and it works fine. They then reboot my computer and it works, so they send me on my way. Well, it works for about a day.. and then the black screen. It's not a Leopard issue.

You know -- I had that mirror widget too... :\

Any ideas??

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
store

If I went to the macstore do they do product replacement there? I am not really interested in going back and forth . . . i would rather just get it replaced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
troubles here too. only first imerged when i ran photobooth for the first time.

seems that the isight light comes on at bootup (on battery only) every once in a while and stays on till i reboot...

isight is "not present" in machine, and i do get the black PB screen.

see my thread:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86743

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Solution

I called the Apple Support number (1-800-275-2273) and he explained that it is most likely a USB power source issue. These are the steps I followed (and it worked when i was done!):

1. Disconnect power source
2. Shut down computer
3. remove battery
4. press power button for 5 seconds
5. replace battery
6. boot computer
7. computer boots, but required a second boot for some reason
8. Try iSight in iChat, PhotoBooth, and iMovie
9. they all worked perfectly! again.

He just suggested that i try to avoid using the iSight with more than two programs at a time.

Mirror still wont work. so i removed it from my Dashboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.