airport express as wirless card

Reaction score
Hello ppl

My girlfriend has a 700mhz emac with Panther installed but without Airport. I want to connect it to the wireless home network we have and i wanted to ask you guys, if there is a way i can use Airport express(the one with airtunes) as a "wireless card" to connect to my network.

here is a small scheme

Emac <----ethernet----> airport express <----wireless----> wireless dsl router <--- internet

anyone know?

thanks in advance,
Giannis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
That won't work.

AE's only receive IP's via ethernet and only give IP's via wireless.

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I almost gave up on this because it is a top result on Google search.

Anyway, this WILL work. In fact, I'm posting this using my Aiport Express as a wireless card. I used these two pages as guides:

How to setup WDS between a wireless router and an AirPort Express - Download Squad
WDS Linked router network - DD-WRT Wiki

Actually, a stock Belkin N1 is my main router, a Linksys WRT54GS is running dd-wrt firmware as a repeater bridge, and the Airport Express is getting the signal from the Linksys. My PC is getting internet through the ethernet port on the Airport Express.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.