A

Animatronica

Hello, I was offered an Imac for 950.00. The specs are:

800mhz G4 CPU
1gb RAM
Airport Card
Super Drive
60gb Hard Drive
Standard Ports - 10/100 ethernet, usb, firewire, audio etc.
15inch screen.
Comes with keyboard, mouse, restore cds and the speakers. Its in Mint condiion. I have 2 questions.
1. Is this worth the price?
2. How well will OSX 10.3 run on this machine?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
It sounds maybe just a bit high (I'd say somewhere around $900 is reasonable). As for Panther, it should run it extremely well.

OP
M

MoltenLava

It's a fair deal, only because it has the Airport card (whose price seems going up after Apple discontinued them) and 1GB of memory. But still, if I were you I'd spend a couple hundreds more to get 17". 1024x768 resolution is a punishment except on laptops.

OP
A

Animatronica

Well, I've always used 1024 x 768 so im used to it. The scree wont be sitting very far away so I dont really think anything bigger then a 15inch screen would be appropriate. I do however have one question..i'm new to Imac system and I was curious if their were any CPU upgrades for later on down the line if I decide I want an upgrade..

Thanks

OP
J

JeremyM

I also posted in your for sale thread, I have a 17" iMac, SuperDrive, 1ghz G4, 512MB ram. I'm very interested in trading you for your laptop. Also, my dad bought that same exact model that you were offered, and personally, I think that the 15" is way too small. I'm not just saying this because I want your PowerBook, because I do, but the 15" isn't all that. You may think you don't need it, but believe me, it gets very annoying. Also, you can watch DVD's on a 17" iMac better, you could be surfing the web using Safari, and have half of the screen for that and a DVD movie, and then the other half for messangers and the sorts...That's what I do, works awesome. Anyways, please concider my offer. Good luck! (I paid $2000 for my iMac when I bought it)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.