New Mac Pro

Reaction score
Wow, I just configured and installed a new Mac Pro. Dang, these things are nice! I especially like how silent they are.

This one came with the standard hardware but I added RAM (not from Apple!) for a total of 4GB. The thing boots to the desktop in like 10 seconds. Niiice!

Oddly enough one of the memory sticks was defective so I got to futz with the RAM risers. That's in interesting way to do RAM. I guess it's another point of failure but it sure made discovering and replacing the bad stick quick and easy. There was a red error light on the riser indicating which stick was bad, and the riser was stupid simple to pull out. Also liked the memory heat sinks. Oh, and since I bought the memory from a locally owned Apple distributor returning the memory was pleasant.

Anyway, none of this is new to most of you, but I gotta say I'm impressed with the engineering that went into the Mac Pro. Sure is heavy though :).

I just wish it was mine. Sadly, it's for a co-worker. Drat! His twin 22" monitors and monitor arms should arrive today. Double-drat! :)

Reaction score
Agreed. Mac Pros have spectacular engineering in them. I love the fact that they are so heavy, actually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.