iBook G4 Display Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz, eMac 800Mhz, iPod (3G) 15Gig
Hi there,

I am new to the Mac world and this is my first post here, so please bear with me. I just picked up an iBook G4 12" 1.33Ghz (mid-2005, the newest I believe) for free! Problem is, the hinges are broken, it won't open and close properly, etc., but the LCD works fine. I'm wondering if it would be worth my time to disassemble it and buy the parts that are broken, or if I should just buy a whole new display.

If I should just buy a new display, then will any iBook G4 12" display work? Or do I need one that is from the same exact model number?

Thanks for any help!

-Comtois

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 300MHz 288mb RAM Mac OS X (Panther), iMac G3 500MHz (Panther), iMac G3 350MHz (Tiger), iPod
Welcome to the forums!

Well you got quit a good deal I must say. I would just fix the problems. Fixing the hinges are a pretty quick fix and it's cheaper than buying a whole new LCD and casing. If you need more help with taking the Casing apart and the main-frame repair pm me. I've had to fix alot of broken hinges. Alot of them being G4 iBooks. :)

Happy Computing!
iMac/iBookKid500 :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.