Ipod Touch Student discount??

Reaction score
Hey just wondering whether the student discount applies for the ipod touch, also does this dope ipod come with bluetooth?
Cheers in advance
Ryan:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I don't know about the discount but no the iPod Touch does not have bluetooth.

Reaction score
There is no student discount on the Touch. Still have to pay $299 or $399.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
None of the iPods have an educational discount. Kind of sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
They used to. I don't know how much of a discount it was. When I bought my MBP, the guy said I could use the student discount once a year. When I asked him to clarify, he said I could buy one computer, iPod, software pack, and whatever else had a discount on the discount each year.

Apple has gotten pretty bad about the so-called student discounts. For example, a new OS was $69 on student discount when the regular price is $129. Now the discount is only like $15. I got a better discount just buying straight off Amazon with no special discounts! Also, $8 off software packs like iLife and iWork? That's actually kind of insulting.

I think Apple needs to follow Microsoft's example. They should offer huge discounts to Universities and students. It will be a loss now, but it's all about getting people using your software as soon as possible and reaping huge profits in the future. Once someone gets set in their ways it hard to change, especially with something as complex as a computer.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks heaps everyone!!
Yeh it sounds pretty stingy, apple should really figure out a better deal for us students!!

Reaction score
fleurya said:
Apple has gotten pretty bad about the so-called student discounts. For example, a new OS was $69 on student discount when the regular price is $129. Now the discount is only like $15. I got a better discount just buying straight off Amazon with no special discounts! Also, $8 off software packs like iLife and iWork? That's actually kind of insulting.

Actually, this isn't quite true. It's only like a $15 dollar discount if you buy directly from Apple. My school had it for $89 dollars, the same price they sold Tiger at. It just depends on the different negoiated rates I guess. We can also get iPods at a slight discount as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I get a whole $6 off for Leopard in my educational discount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Actually, this isn't quite true. It's only like a $15 dollar discount if you buy directly from Apple. My school had it for $89 dollars, the same price they sold Tiger at. It just depends on the different negoiated rates I guess. We can also get iPods at a slight discount as well.

That's better, but still not as good as the standard $69 pricetag they used to have. Sadly, they're making Microsoft look like a bunch of saints! :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
At UT, we have Leopard for $35 at the campus computer store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At UT, we have Leopard for $35 at the campus computer store.

Well, for a pack of 5 copies for $200- that's $40 a copy. Then add educational discount... I can see that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.