msn messenger block checker virus

Reaction score
I have msn messenger 6.0.3 and now apparently have the block checker virus..now everytime i log in it automatically sends everyone on my list the block checker url. Every forum I find only has instructions of PC removal. Does anyone know how to remove it from Mac version of msn??? I didn't even know that my mac could get this!!
HELP!!

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with that virus on MSN!! It's sending that url to all of my logged-in 'friends' and they're quite annoyed by it.

I tried removing the contact that was the problem but the message is still being sent. If I delete MSN and reinstall it I'm afraid it might still happen because I'm not sure where the virus is sitting (in some random microsoft folder somewhere). Anyone give any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
yes!

i got the same exact problem! it says "www.blockingyou.com figure out who's blocking you in MSN!" and i tried to log in from different computer and it still says the same thing... i delete the application and download it again and the thing is still there...
can anyone help? this is annoying!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
where did you get this msn? cause i need one for my MAC.
I dont no if you have all ready got it but if not here you go.
Google>msn messenger for mac and i think its the top link and then scroll down till you see the download button :D hope that helped you a little.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2GHz, 250GBHD, 802.11N, Iphone 1.1.2 Turbd Voda, PMG5 2.3DC 2 x 1TB HD's + much more!
Possible fix for MSN BUG / Virus OS X

Hi Guys,

Think I may have sorted this problem.
Using MSN just recently I've been sending Links to my contacts which is a real pain in the A** for them.
So i switched to Adium thinking that would be the end of it! Within an hr Adium had logged me out saying my account was active elsewhere. Once I logged back in sure enough links had been sent to my active contacts.

I think this happening because my username and password were compromised.
http://www.hotmail.com
Change your password and security question, and that should be the end of it.

Hope this helps and I hope it works ok for you guys!

Keep me posted

Lee.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.