Imac USB wifi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram
I know similar questions have been asked before, but I cant answer these few! :eek: I have just ordered an Imac G4, 800mhz, flatscreen from ebay which should hopefully be arriving shortly. I will be looking to integrate into a wifi network in my house that already has 2 pcs running on it (D-link 11b). Looking around I've noticed that the airport cards are getting v.expensive and rare.

*If I use an external USB wifi adapter, how much difference I am I likely to notice in performance? Am I right in thinking that the imacs use their screens as antennas?

*Also how will a USB adapter integrate with OS X compared with the integration you would exprerince with an airport card in terms of software, will I be able to easily switch between avaible networks from within the os etc?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram
I didn't think airport extreme worked with older imacs? Plus does it matter if I don't have a apple base station?

I'm happy to use a usb adapter as it's alot cheaper, I just want to be sure it will work to a decent standard?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.