OK. I screwed up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB, 3 750GB HDs, 250GB HD, two 22" monitors, 1 iMac, 1 13" Macbook Pro, AppleTv, 2 iPhones
Maybe REALLY bad.

Mac Pro, 8 gigs RAM, OS X 10.4

A couple of months ago, I added a 750 gig HDD to my system, moved everything from the default 250 gig HDD and booted off the new drive.

Everything seemed to function correctly.

Shortly thereafter, I upgraded Parallels to 3.0, installed PhotoShop

Now things seem to be a little confused. When I open Parallels from the dock, sometimes it opens the old version, sometimes the current version; sometimes I get the updated version of the virtual machines, sometimes the older version. I noticed that when I go to Applications on the finder, it is not on the new hard drive, but the old hard drive.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Try disconnecting your secondary HD and getting everything sorted on your main drive. Replace icons in the dock so that the correct version launches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i swear i posted in here yesterday....anyway...
like alexis said make sure you only have files on your main hard drive and yoru icons are leading to the correct files....

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Did you replace the dock icon with the new application when you upgraded?

Move all of your apps to the primary drive, and make sure the dock icons are updated to the origin apps new location.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.