• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Employed!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Yay! I got my dream job offer I have been waiting for! I just screamed the happiest scream of my lifetime. I am so happy right now, I can't even describe it! I am going to New York (Manhattan). I start in July. I am so excited!!!!!

Now... calmly... write a thank you letter.

:Cool: :Cool: :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
W00t!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Frank Sinatra voice>Start spreading the news, ...</Frank Sinatra voice>

So what are you going to do for work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
more importantly then what you will do, what company will you be working for, and where in the city do you plan to live?

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am a Technical Financial Analyst for Merrill Lynch.

I will be programming and possibly near the end of the 2 year training program, I will be meeting with the I-Bankers to discuss the tools we created. Its perfect for my skills (I have a B.S. in Computer Science and a B.S. in MGT (w/ finance focus)).

I will be working really close to wall street, so I want to live near the center or south side of the island.

Any ideas of where I should look?

Reaction score
I hope theyll pay you well, cos it you will pay through the wazoo for that apartment or condo

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They are paying me.

:Mischievous:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
My girlfriend lives on washington square west, there are alot of really nice places in that area and its pretty close to where you will be working, and also pretty close to other places you may want / need to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Congrats on gaining employment there.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Congrats! :) I love Manhattan. Enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
congrats. my jealousy is two-fold. dream job and in NYC. *drool*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Atlanta to New York? Sounds like there may be a little culture shock. Don't let those New Yorker's make you jaded and angry! ;)

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I have heard the west village and the lower east side have good deals and people my age live there as well. Some people I know live in queens and commute, but I am not sure if I want to make the 45-65 min commute every morning. Does anyone else ride the train this much?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
sweet!!!!!!! i love you new york city. i am very envious!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Yay! I got my dream job offer I have been waiting for! I just screamed the happiest scream of my lifetime. I am so happy right now, I can't even describe it!
Congrats on achieving your dream job! I too was lucky enough to make it into my dream job. There's nothing better than doing what you are passionate about in a career field. My wife will tell you the same. She is a grammar school art teacher who is certainly underpaid, yet passionate about her position.

Good luck with the relocation. We (the wife & I) can somewhat relate, having relocated from Santa Barbara, California to Chicago, Illinois.

M

MacHeadCase

Yay! I got my dream job offer I have been waiting for! I just screamed the happiest scream of my lifetime. I am so happy right now, I can't even describe it! I am going to New York (Manhattan). I start in July. I am so excited!!!!!

Now... calmly... write a thank you letter.

:Cool: :Cool: :Cool:

That's so cool! Congratulations to you! I'm sure you're extra thrilled by all this! Bravo! :)

T

todd51

Congratulations jdgti, I hope I find my dream job someday when I get out of college.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.