Taking Care of my Mac

I

iSheep

What do I need to do to look after my PowerBook, when it arrives?

I've read all about the batteries from Apple and I know to give it a full discharge once a month.

What are the other things I need to do? Under Windows I give it a full virus scan once a week, defragment about once a month, clean out Tempory folders every 6 months or so and use Spybot to get rid of all the nasty little bugs lying around about once a month. So, what's the Mac version of all this?

OP
V

vuschejan

iSheep said:
What do I need to do to look after my PowerBook, when it arrives?

I've read all about the batteries from Apple and I know to give it a full discharge once a month.

What are the other things I need to do? Under Windows I give it a full virus scan once a week, defragment about once a month, clean out Tempory folders every 6 months or so and use Spybot to get rid of all the nasty little bugs lying around about once a month. So, what's the Mac version of all this?
Do repair permissions everyonce in a while and make sure to do the macjanitor stuff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.