Anyone here using a graphics tablet on their mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
Reason I ask is that I have my Wacom ArtZ12x12 and its serial... well, I've had it for some time. But it has the wireless pen, and I love using it when the opportunity presents itself. I suppose I could get a serial to USB cable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I don't currently use one, but I should be getting one sometime soon. I am pretty excited.

Reaction score
I just dumped all my spare change into a CoinStar machine and with the money I ordered Leopard and a Wacom Bamboo Fun (Medium). However, I'm a newbie to graphics tablets but I hear that Wacom makes the best ones.

I suppose I could get a serial to USB cable?

I own a Magellian Gold GPS which uses a serial connection for the PC. I was able to go to my local Fry's Electronics store and find an adapter for cheap. You should look for one yourself before dumping your Wacom for a new one, it would be a lot cheaper. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I've been using one for the past two months now. Really amazing. I use my Bamboo pen for everything. Coupled with Leopard's excellent voice commands, it's a pleasure to navigate through the mac.

Here's my review of the bamboo: http://mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79264

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
just so yo know migraine that coinstar machines take a percentage of your money where as commerce bank does not... so if you have one by you you will get to keep all of your money and not give any to somebody else to count it for you.

back on topic, I use a graphics tablet every day, for graphics work also for my regular mouse when I am on that particular computer. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Reaction score
I have an Wacom intuos3 6x8 tablet. You will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

If you are looking for a new one, I would recommend an intuos3 over any other tablet Wacom makes. Their less expensive tablets are alright for general stuff, but in a professional setting, the intous series is where it's at. They are much more sensitive and accurate. The extra programmable buttons are a real bonus, as well.

I'm really happy with my 6x8. I personally don't feel the need to have a larger one. I have considered the 6x11 for the widescreen aspect, but I don't see myself getting one. Maybe when the intous4 comes out.

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So Wacom is still king, but is anyone aware of whether the 12 X 12 ArtZ will work on a Mac? They have drivers for OS9 on Wacom's website, so does that mean it'll (maybe) work on Leopard?

Reaction score
just so yo know migraine that coinstar machines take a percentage of your money where as commerce bank does not... so if you have one by you you will get to keep all of your money and not give any to somebody else to count it for you.

Yes, if you want cash for your change CoinStar charges 8%! But, if you opt for a Amazon or other giftcard from CoinStar there are NO service charges! So I knew I wanted a couple of things that Amazon sells so I choose the gift card to buy them and as a bonus promotion CoinStar & Amazon offered a $10 off gift card on top of it too! Pretty sweet deal.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got my Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium yesturday. I'm pretty excited but I hear that it takes about 2 weeks to adapt to using a tablet. I disconnected my normal mouse and am only using the Pen to navigate when I'm not trying to draw with it.

Just curiuos how long it took most of you to adapt to it. I have a 6x8 (Medium) and I almost fell it's too big for my 17" LCD. Any other suggestions or exercises I can do to speed up my familiarity with my new Wacom?

Also, what does CLICK LOCK do in the Pen options?

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Took me about a week to adjust to it. Now I can't live without it.

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I got my iMac last week and I'm "accessorizing"; added memory, Lacie 1TB, LogiTech KB/M (coming). I emailed Wacom today and asked if I can use my ArtZ 12"X12" with wireless pen. The big issue would be drivers and then I'd have to get a serial to USB cable (easy). Otherwise, I can probably sell it on eBay and get a newer one. I know it'd work with older macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.