• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How long are you entry level?

JRV

Reaction score
I was just wondering if the opinion changed from person to person? How long are you considered entry level?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Could you get a bit more detailed? Entry Level at what? I am not sure I understand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
As a general comment, at most jobs, you are "entry level" until you demonstrate, through experienced handling of your job, that you no longer are!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yes i am confused about this topic, may you please elaborate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
On job websites such as monster entry level tends to mean the 1st year in the job market not including summer jobs. To employers it may vary based on what you have demonstrated at certain positions, coupled with you accomplishments. For example, some employers may think that a college grad with a 8 month internship may be above the entry level and be more experinced than the 2 year (associated degree) with 2 years of real job experience; and vce versa. This also works with masters degree. I knew a guy when I was in college that had no experience because he went straight to grad school after graduating from undergrad. When he went to apply he had a hard time getting a job because he had no real world experience. On teh flip though when he did find his job it was quite a well paying job.

I think I went a little deeper than you wanted, but I was rolling :) o well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think it varies greatly from job to job. I also think that if you don't know what the line is for entry level and experienced in a certain job, then not only are you most likely entry level, but you also need to do some more research on the job itself.

Your best bet it to find someone already in the field you're looking into and get their opinion. If you talk to the right people, and show a lot of interest, you even talk yourself right into a job in the process!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
depends on where you park.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
On job websites such as monster entry level tends to mean the 1st year in the job market not including summer jobs. To employers it may vary based on what you have demonstrated at certain positions, coupled with you accomplishments. For example, some employers may think that a college grad with a 8 month internship may be above the entry level and be more experinced than the 2 year (associated degree) with 2 years of real job experience; and vce versa. This also works with masters degree. I knew a guy when I was in college that had no experience because he went straight to grad school after graduating from undergrad. When he went to apply he had a hard time getting a job because he had no real world experience. On teh flip though when he did find his job it was quite a well paying job.

I think I went a little deeper than you wanted, but I was rolling :) o well.
Actually gomez, you pretty much nailed it.

I think it varies greatly from job to job. I also think that if you don't know what the line is for entry level and experienced in a certain job, then not only are you most likely entry level, but you also need to do some more research on the job itself.

Your best bet it to find someone already in the field you're looking into and get their opinion. If you talk to the right people, and show a lot of interest, you even talk yourself right into a job in the process!
You also give a pretty accurate account for entry level. But I wanted to add it is important when you mentioned; "If you talk to the right people" - Finding the right people is very important when researching a career field. In many fields, people will lie to you for a variety of reasons, including the fact they will not offer support for fear of having to compete against you too. This is true in the film and television industry and most other industries where freelancer's are common.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
even if it is entry level and you believe you are beyond entry level but you like the job then still applly because you might be able to get more out of them then you normally would if you were to their standards of entry level....normally i would think of entry level as your first sales job or in sales for less then one year
-chris

Reaction score
If you work entry level at a parking garage, there is always room to move up.

If you work in a one story building, you will always be entry level.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you work entry level at a parking garage, there is always room to move up.

What if it's an underground garage? :eek:

Have I blown your mind yet? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I was just wondering if the opinion changed from person to person? How long are you considered entry level?

One post about.. umm... something???? Then no response whatsoever???!!!

Apologize to "the unit"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.