Trouble Installing

M

mac_noobie

Hi, I just was trying to install Starcraft on my powerbook, but I am running into some problems. First off the CD does not start up automatically. Second, when I double click the CD icon and find the Starcraft Installer file I double click it, soon after that it starts the classic inviorment and I get this message: "Could not open the installer archive. You must run the installer on the Starcraft CD." Does anyone know what this means? I am running Mac OS X panther on one of their new powerbooks.

Thanks

OP
V

vuschejan

mac_noobie said:
Hi, I just was trying to install Starcraft on my powerbook, but I am running into some problems. First off the CD does not start up automatically. Second, when I double click the CD icon and find the Starcraft Installer file I double click it, soon after that it starts the classic inviorment and I get this message: "Could not open the installer archive. You must run the installer on the Starcraft CD." Does anyone know what this means? I am running Mac OS X panther on one of their new powerbooks.

Thanks

I had the same problem you need to get a patch from the blizzard website, i think starcraft is an os classic app though. However, I did get asked if i wanted to update it to an osx app.
Site-http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msc0411p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.