Cleaning the cache

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but 1) what is the cache? 2)should I clean it? and 3)How do I clean it? I use to use cocktail but my free trial has expired. Is there another free service like this? If this is posted in the wrong location please point me in the right direction:Oops:

Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

This has more to do with the OS X operating system so I will move the thread for you.

I use MainMenu (correct spelling) from Santa Software. It does what I need. There is also OnyX from Titanium Software. I clean out the cache whenever the system is acting weird.

MainMenu can also do the daily, weekly and monthly tasks and other stuff as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600
MainMenu is the grate software many thanks for help! Onyx is much more powerful than i thought !
thanks for the Help ))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
There's also this app CacheoutX which does just what the name says... But I guess you are already happy with Onyx and MainMenu...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.