why doesn't xp recognize all my ram via bootcamp?

Reaction score
hey guys..
well i got a macbook pro 15" with 4gb ram.. i installed xp using the bootcamp helper! however when i check the ram recognized on the windows partition it says 3GB what happend to the other 1gb ram?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I'm just guessing here, but could it be because of XP being 32bit and not supporting that much of RAM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
If your XP isn't specifically labeled as x64-bit then it's 32-bit.
Also, XP Pro does have the memory limitation that goobimama mentions.

I know it's disappointing, but think of it this way: Why would you want to run that much stuff on the XP side anyway?

Perry

OP
M
Reaction score
yeahh , it's probably 32-bit!!
why do i need that much ram on my xp side? a more interesting question would be why would i need xp in the first place? you see i'm an architecture student and all my work is on autodesk -autocad and 3ds max (which are not compatible with Mac)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
wait.. so does this mean that because it is not saying that it has 4 that means its not touching the other 2 gbs that are there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.