missing iphoto library

Reaction score
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP
First itunes couldn’t find its library… All the songs were gone. I updated itunes and dragged all my music back into it and it seemed fine. Then a few weeks later, all my photos in iphoto were gone. I checked my pictures file and there was no longer an iphoto library there. I searched as best I could for it (like in the trash, etc) and for individual photos, but can’t find them. 100’s of photos gone!!! Then I noticed that a few of my folders in my home file were missing. The name of the file is still there, but no file icon. When I click on the name of the missing file, it just disappears. On restart, the name reappears, but still no file. Lastly, I’m now finding that some of my music folders are empty itunes says it can’t find the original file and when I go to it in my music file, it’s empty. Lastly, I tried installing Norton but it keeps telling me to reinstall. It gives this warning “The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/SymOSXKernelUtilities.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.” I’ve tried reinstalling 3x but still the same warning. ;-(

OP
M
Reaction score
nope, didn't rename it. the pictures folder in my home folder is missing and iphoto will not let me recreate it ;-(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.