Desktop Background

Reaction score
hi,
im using os 10.4 and im wondering if there is a way to make my desktop background change with photos in iphoto... Its quite a nifty feature but doesnt seem to look in subfolders for more pictures.
any ideas?
cheers
James

Reaction score
Well, I have a folder on my Desktop that I copied select photos from iPhoto into and that's what works for me OR you could create a new album in the left column in iPhoto and use that too .... unless there is some 3rd party app custom built to do what you require ...

I'd just put them all in the one folder, though. Why the need for subfolders?

OP
J
Reaction score
Why the need for subfolders?
because iphoto stores them like that... and i dont really want to move my 17 or 18 gb of photos around and have them no longer work with iphoto
you could create a new album in the left column in iPhoto and use that
when you select an album it doesnt give you the option to change picture

Reaction score
Try this:

Open up iPhoto and select all the photos from your library that you want to have in the Desktop rotation.

Click on "Set Desktop" if you have iPhoto '08:​

picture_2-20071203-222229.jpg

If you have iPhoto '06 then the Desktop option is in one of the menubar items.

Next you'll be presented with the Desktop Picture System Prefs window where you'll be able to set the "Change Picture Every ... " option.​

It's best to only use landscape oriented photos or crop portrait oriented photos first as they will look pretty weird otherwise.

Here's another method.

OP
J
Reaction score
that did it, sorry i realize its been a month, but ive been on holidays

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.