Double Dock Items HELP

Reaction score
I have a powerbook and downloaded pictures of what I thought would be the next version of the Iphone. Now I have a folder that is open that I cannot close and at the bottom of my screen I have two sets of dock items overlapped. Please help me to get rid of this folder. I have tried restarting and shutting down the machine, didn't get rid of it. Have tried force quit but the folder doesn't come up as an option when I hit force quit. Please help

Exe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
can you post a picture of what it looks like?

OP
B
Reaction score
I wish I knew how. Imagine your dock at the bottom. Now imagine a second set of all those icons laid over the top of the other ones but to the right by 1 inch. It is semi-transparent and I can see a monitor screen icon in the back dock row with an arrow under it but I can't get at it. Is there a way to copy a picture of what my desktop looks like?

OP
B
Reaction score
I just moved the dock onto the right side of the screen in a vertical position and tried clicking on the dock items that stayed horizontal across the bottom but nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Apple (Cmd)+ shift+ 3 will take a desktop picture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
yep..... it worked!! WOW! Ok... not what I had pictured... you have a dock on the bottom and one on the right!

I have NO clue! have you restarted?

OP
B
Reaction score
yes I have. I went under the apple logo to move the dock to the right edge of the screen to show the screen that was underneath it. There is an open file in the middle of the screen that I can't get rid of. Thoughts??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
you are using a picture of someones screen as your background. You will never be able to close that window or the 2nd dock until you change your desktop picture.

OP
B
Reaction score
Got it. Thanks so much. Went in and changed the background like you said and presto! Back to working.

Reaction score
Ha! I was not expecting the end result of this thread to turn out so humorous!

Gratz to Stretch for the smart thinking!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, 500Gb Iomega ext. HDD for Time Machne
That is quite classic - I used to wind my mother up by taking a screenshot of her Windows Programs Menu opened, and use it as her desktop background. I also used to remove her icons from her desktop so she kept trying to click on the icons on the image!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
haha.....nice thinkining Stretch
the "Nov2007Anthony.jpg" files on the bottom right and above the top right corner of the finder window give it away

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.