Help! OS upgrade killed my wireless USB device!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Mac Mini
The week before last, I installed an OS X upgrade on my wife's Mac Mini. She was using a wireless USB device to connect to our Airport Extreme, since the Mac Mini was not wireless-enabled. The upgrade seems to have instantly killed the device - the indicator light suddenly would not stay on, and of course the connection was gone.:*
Does anyone know anything about this? Should I revert to an older version? If so, how? Should I restore from an older backup on the external hard drive backup I have, or...?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What brand and model is this USB Wifi dongle? There might be a way around it. I take it you are running 10.4.11?

OP
jimnation
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Mac Mini
Hi dtravis7!

I'm using a MacWireless 11g USB Stick WITH OS 10.4.11.
Any help is much appreciated. My wife is a housebound cancer patient right now, and I really need to fix this for her - our other Mac is a Macbook that I need to take to work each day.

jimnation

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hi dtravis7!

I'm using a MacWireless 11g USB Stick WITH OS 10.4.11.
Any help is much appreciated. My wife is a housebound cancer patient right now, and I really need to fix this for her - our other Mac is a Macbook that I need to take to work each day.

jimnation

I will see what I can find and get back to you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.