eMac Acting Wierd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB G4. 15" 512MB RAM & EMac G4 superdrive
I have an eMac that I am sorry to say has been sitting for several months without use. For no other reason than I use my PowerBook most of the time. Now that I have started using the eMac again, it is acting wierd. I booted it this morning, went to update software, and it locked up and wouldn't recover. I manually powered it down, waited a few minutes, rebooted and updated the software. I walked away for a bit and when I came back I woke it up and it brought up my screensaver but nothing else. It didn't seem to be locked but I could do nothing but power it off again. I'm not sure what is going on but am open to any suggestions that anyone may have to offer. It is running Panther. Also, what are the minimumrequirements to upgrade from Panther to the new Leopard?;D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The biggest requirements besides a DVD drive are 867Mhz G4 and 512 Megs RAM.

Which EMac do you have? There is a 700, 800 Mhz, 1Ghz, 1.2Ghz and 1.42 Ghz Emacs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
i think it might be the battery.

if u open the ram slots u can change it. it is one of those lithium batteries

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.