Few bootcamp problems and questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20in 2gb Ram.Macbook Pro 15in 2GB RAM
first of all i have Mac OSX Tiger(its like 4.11.10 or something) and i think im still running the beta of boot camp and might upgrade soon. so when i upgrade to Leopard will boot camp be better. because i get the BSOD a lot. Is there a way to fix it? and sometimes it will turn off for no reason wahtsoever. And another thing is that bluetooth doesnt work. So is that fixed in the new version?

Some questions are:
1.Is there a way to reinstall windows without erasing everything on the partition?
2.Is there a way to increase the size of the partition without deleting it and then making a new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
1: Yes, you can reinstall windows without erasing everything. Just make sure when you reach the step where it offers to format to NTFS or FAT, just select "Leave file system intact (No changes)"

2: I don't think so. At least not in Tiger. I hear Leopard has some dynamic partition resizing, but I have no experience of it.

Bootcamp isn't 'better' with Leopard. It's the same old windows you are going to be running. BSODs are primarily due to Windows itself, or some hardware problem (like faulty RAM).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
2.Is there a way to increase the size of the partition without deleting it and then making a new one?

Try "diskutil resizeVolume" option. That doesnt require formatting. But if you're using NTFS for windows partition then it wont support it. The command supports only FAT

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20in 2gb Ram.Macbook Pro 15in 2GB RAM
i cant get the "diskutil resizeVolume" option. Has anyone got this to work? Is there any other way to do this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.