• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

More iPhone in Canada Evidence

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It means absolutely nothing.
The rest of that side panel (which if you linked directly to it here, and didn't blogspam) would show that you have to click on a link to make a reservation for a workshop. That side panel is static, it doesn't change when you change the middle frame's location. That link from the Workshop section of the side panel goes to this page
On that page you have to select a state (as in United States, no Canadian locations) location for your workshop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
This little tid bit showed up a month or so ago along with a bunch of other pieces of "evidence". People are so hungry for the iphone to hit Canada (without an unlock) that they are looking everywhere and latching on to anything.

Honestly, I don't think we will ever see the iphone in Canada.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Why don't you think Canada will get it? Do you think the Canadian carriers are unwilling to pay Apple what they want for it? Any other reason? I'm just curious since there doesn't seem to be any obvious reason.

Reaction score
Why don't you think Canada will get it? Do you think the Canadian carriers are unwilling to pay Apple what they want for it? Any other reason? I'm just curious since there doesn't seem to be any obvious reason.

reason 1 is that we are going 3g, its taken this long and i think rogers sees it as a bit of a step backwards in smart phone tech.
reason 2 rogers has contracts with motorola and sony ericsson etc... in those contracts they must sell a certain very large number of phones before the can take on another hardware "provider", they are far from meeting all of those contracts.

Since rogers is the only provider equipped to take on the iphone, we do not get it here. there may be more reasons, like a lack of willingness to pay apple there cut, its most likely a combination of many factors, but funny enough i just saw one today, a girl was using it in the library at my school, I wonder how much she paid

M

MacHeadCase

I saw a newspaper article (published on t3h Tubez) that said Vidéotron wanted very much to get a hold of the iPhone distribution over here. This is the article for anyone curious enough to use a translation thingy. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I doubt Canada would allow foreign investors into the upcoming spectrum auction.

Blackberry is rumored to be putting together a touch screen device.

Rogers, Telus/bell won't let anyone else into this game, even if someone got in they would have to play by the rules of the big three.

Oh and these are theories, I think I'm right, but have nothing to back it up so don't take what I say too seriously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Simply not a good value. The iphone is a data device. (so I hear, I haven't actually touched one) At more than 1000.00 a gig for data an unlocked iphone is not appealing.

With the rumor of a touch screen blackberry I renew my assertion that we will not (ever) see the iphone in canada.

(please note, these are simply my opinions, not presented as fact)

Reaction score
that blackberry is a photoshop, 0%chance the blackerbrry touch or whatever it ends up being, if there ever is one, will look like that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that blackberry is a photoshop, 0%chance the blackerbrry touch or whatever it ends up being, if there ever is one, will look like that

I got that, given that the post said...

I immediately started searching the Web for “Touch Screen BlackBerry” and I all I could find was this old fake Photoshop picture of a BlackBerry with no keyboard from a few months ago.

I was not meaning to imply that this was what it would be, just that if there is one on the horizon, and I think there is, it would impact whether Rogers picks up the iphone.

Depending on the outcome of the upcoming spectrum auction Canada could see a new player in the GSM area and they could bring the iphone in. (I'm kidding of course, like anyone else could get into the canadian market. )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.