Making stickies permenant

J

James_Pond

Hi there,

I am the proud new owner of a G4 iBook. I've had it a few days and it is lovely. OSX is brilliant.

I have a quick query though, and it would be great if anyone knows a solution.

On my iMac (OS8.6) I used stickies all the time, and when I used a sticky it always attached itself permenantly to the desktop whether the sticky app was running or not, and they were always there if I restarted the computer.

This doesn't seem to be the case with OSX at the moment. I've gone through all the help menus associated with stickies, but there's nothing there (it just says that stickies will be on your desktop whenever the app is open). Is there a way to make stickies always appear on your desktop?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I don't think there's a way if the program isn't running. However you can drag the Stickies app to your Startup Items list in the Accounts pref pane and it will auto-load Stickies when you restart.

OP
J

James_Pond

That's perfect. I was looking around for some kind of start up list I could add to. Now I will never forget to pay my phone bill...

Thank you very much.

JP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.