Safari - Facebook problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
For whatever reason, my Safari is no longer able to load Facebook. It's worked fine with my other web browsers, so I don't know what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
How about resetting Safari? In the Menubar, Safari > Reset Safari.

Alternatively, in times of need, you could try the iPhone.facebook.com. I must say, sometimes i prefer the iPhone interface to the normal cluttered one ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
Mine seems to be working fine. Resetting it should work fine.

Sometimes it takes a bit to load the home page area and if Safari is trying to remember all your settings for that page it can take some time but if Safari loads other web pages resetting should fix the problem.

Simply emptying the cashe might help as well.

OP
WasabiTaylor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No luck at all, although the iPhone version does work.

I try to go to it, and it says Safari cannot connect to server almost immediately. This is strange...and annoying.

Maybe it's God telling me I should start studying for finals instead of doing a little stalking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah. How about you go to System Preferences > Network. Then, in the "ethernet" settings, where there is "DHCP", Select "Off". Click Apply. Then select "Using DHCP" again and click apply. Then wait till you get your IP and refresh safari again.

All this assuming you are using Safari on Leopard on a internet that is supplied through LAN. If you could tell us more about your system it might be helpful...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have no problems getting there. It sounds more like an ISP or networking problem than Safari.

OP
WasabiTaylor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah. How about you go to System Preferences > Network. Then, in the "ethernet" settings, where there is "DHCP", Select "Off". Click Apply. Then select "Using DHCP" again and click apply. Then wait till you get your IP and refresh safari again.

All this assuming you are using Safari on Leopard on a internet that is supplied through LAN. If you could tell us more about your system it might be helpful...

Still no luck. Thanks though.

I am using Safari on Tiger (10.4.11) on a college campus. Right now I'm getting my internet through the library wireless, but back in the room I'm plugged into the network.

I seems to me it must be a Safari problem. If it wasn't, why could I go on Facebook with my other browsers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm. 10.4.11 huh. Some people have complained about Safari problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I have had problems with Facebook freezing in Safari or sometimes just the trackpad quits working. It's never too big of a deal, but it still gives me a scare every time it does it.

OP
WasabiTaylor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is now, for whatever reason, working again. I have no idea why, but it is.

Thanks so much to all of you for giving me a hand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.