Mighty Mouse and left USB port problems.

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently, I found out my might mouse is automatically reset itself randomly in Button 3 that I always set for Dashboard and Button 4 for Expose All windows. It is really annoy because everytime it happens, I have to go to System Preferences to set it up again.

Also, the USB port on the left side(the one beside the audio port) of my MBP is stop working randomly whenever I close the lid or after I let my MBP in sleep mode. Stop working here meaning for example it happened to the Might mouse, I tried to plug it out and then plug it in, it does NOT work at all but the red light in the bottom is still on. I tried with another mouse but it is not working either. However, if I plug my external HDD in, it DOES work like normal.

Like I said, it happens quite often and randomly. The only option I can do so far is restart my MBP then everything is fine again. But I think this is very annoy. My MBP was updated to the latest version 10.5.1

My MBP is less than 3 month old. It is Core2 duo 2,4 GHZ-- 2GB Ram--160GB HDD.

Is there anyone has any idea about this and please help me how to fix this problem. Do you guys think it is because of software or hardware problem?

Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.