Connecting to a plasma TV

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
My imac resolution is 1900x1200 and i've found that my tv res is 1280x720 (50hz PAL). Now when i connect tv to imac the res on both imac and tv stay are good (as above) but as soon as i choose mirror image thats where the problems start. My tv stays on 1280x720 but my imac changes to 1280x800. I change my imac res back to 1900x1200 but it still doesnt display as normal (2 black bars at the top and bottom see pic) only until i either switch off mirror image or just unplug the mini dvi. Also my imac detects the tv as soon as it's connected weather thats with the tv on or not and weather the tv is set to the hdmi source. It seems that the vga output just works alot better with no messing around with settings.

cheers
iMac
DSC00091.jpg
[/IMG]

TV
DSC00092.jpg
[/IMG]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Then VGA is the way to go with your setup.

I will PM you if I ever find a way to get Front Row working on only the TV. It's something I want to figure out as well.

Peace.

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
The only way i can get font to work on the tv and not the mac is to make the tv the primary screen. When watching movies via hdmi the picture is good i just would not use it as a main screen as the text is sometime hard to make out.

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.