Removing iDisk icon from desktop

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere I could think of and cannot find a way to remove my
iDisk icon from my desktop. Anyway of doing so?? Running Tiger on a Quicksilver. Thanks in advance!

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
you can't drag it to the trash?

or MHC: "Or again you can right-click on it and select "Eject"."

Tried dragging it to trash (eject button) but would not work. Right clicked it to select "eject" but "eject" was not listed.

M

MacHeadCase

Whoah! Have you run your maintenance scripts lately? Sounds like a good MainMenu cache cleaning is in order (specially the System's Deep Clean). ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, OS X 10.5.1
I thought I saw somewhere that you just have to sign out of .Mac to be able to eject it. I saw it on YouTube.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
What is this previous local iDisk thing?

l_bafac11f2976e78116262474d2355dc9.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
System Preferences > .Mac
There should be a radio button or check box that is marked that says you want the iDisk drive mounted on your desktop. You should be able to unmark and it should disappear.

M

MacHeadCase

I wonder why you can't unmount it easily. It's pretty quick for me.

Do you keep the automatic syncing on? I found that was so bloody slow and inconvenient, I took it off ages ago. It would make my G4 iMac slow and unresponsive at times so I've always kept that feature off ever since then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.