Safari can't identify websites

Reaction score
Hello folks,
In Safari, when trying to access certain web pages a warning message appears saying "Safari Cannot Identify This Website" and offers to show the websites certificate. You have the option of continuing and then you can view the web page, but images do not appear properly and blue squares with question marks appear in their place. Also the text from the page appears in a basic font and the general appearence is different.
So, this is something to do with security certificates accross all log ins.
Can anybody tell me how to sort this out?
Many thanks in advance,
Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
If you can share one of the links, we might be able to find the cause of this. From the outset, I believe its something to do with ActiveX. i.e. Some websites are made to view only (or optimized to run) on Windows PCs. The display of a "?" may cause due to lack of necessary plug-ins.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
That's yahoo UK&I. There shouldn't be any problem at all with this site. It works fine on my iMac.

M

MacHeadCase

The secure webpage is for the Yahoo! login. Just entered my password and I'm there as well. :)

Welcome to Mac-Forums, samaudio. Did you sign up with Yahoo! first?

You should take a screengrab and upload it here as an attachment so we can see what you see on your end.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Deleted above - don't use yahoo, tried my wife's log in and it worked...

Had similar issue a couple of weeks ago - with the question marks everywhere - a simple re-boot solved my issue for whatever reason.
Maybe yours could be so simple?

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm still having the issue (have tried re-booting etc). I've attached two screen grabs. One is of the error message, the other is the badly-loaded page.

Error Message jpeg.jpg

Problem page jpeg.jpg

M

MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question is for Safari web browser not OS X*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.