Bluetooth Disappeared From my Macbook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
I looked up at my menu-bar and noticed that my bluetooth icon had a squiggly line through it, so I thought, what the! I clicked on the squiggled out bluetooth and it said bluetooth is unavailable so I went into system preferences and the bluetooth pane is gone! Please Help, I need my bluetooth back! I have already restarted several times and its still a no go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you ran an OS X update recently?

Have you tries a full shut down and restart, try that first

Are you running 10.4 or 10.5

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Full Shutdown

Hi

I have done a full shut down and that didn't work, I also tried resetting the SMC which also didn't work, I havn't run System Update in a while and I am running OSX 10.5

M

MacHeadCase

Can you create a new user and see if all is well in that new account? It could be an incompatibility in your usual user account.

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
new USer

I tried making a new user account and it still has the problem, it seems to come and go because sometimes it is working and others it isn't I need to be able to use bluetooth but when it is unavailable it cannot sleep

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.