Global Hot Keys in iTunes

Reaction score
I am trying to find out if iTunes can do a Global Hot Key system similar to that which is found in the program Winamp. In winamp you can set global hot keys and change songs/play/stop music with hot keys such as CTRL+Page Up, CTRL+Page Down, ect. I found keyboard shortcuts on iTunes but you have to have the program selected to use the commands. So if your surfing/gaming/ect. you can't simply press the hot keys. You must first select iTunes or Alt+Tab to select iTunes. Is there anyway to get a better global hot key system. I mean global hot keys are really a necessity, I don't want to have to go back to Winamp just because iTunes is behind the times.

Reaction score
I use SizzlingKeys to control iTunes .... gives me control over the app regardless of which particular app is active at the time.

Ever wish you could pause iTunes without leaving your current app? Wish no more. SizzlingKeys gives you full control iTunes with hot keys you define. Hot keys are fully customizable via an intuitive Preference Pane.

SizzlingKeys doesn't stop at the basic controls. You also get a beautiful status window so you can see what's playing. Search and playlist selection are also built into the app. In short, you get full control of your music without having to bring up the iTunes window.

Is Leopard compatible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
QuickSilver is even better, IMO as it can do more than just controlling iTunes.

Reaction score
I only originally downloaded QuickSilver for iTunes and when I realised that I could launch apps just as quickly using Spotlight I ditched it and have been using SizzlingKeys ever since.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I used Sizzlingkeys on Tiger, worked awesome. Since I got the new iMac, I just use the keys on the keyboard.

Reaction score
Guess it doesn't hurt to mention that I am using Windows Vista, does it?

Don't know if there is a possibility of global hotkeys for Mac OS/Vista. You might need to use Winamp and the hotkeys you're used to if you are in Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I use ByteController, works great. I get global hotkeys and the optional three buttons in the menu bar.

OP
P
Reaction score
I don't want to use Winamp because my iTunes is so organized and nice. I looked up all these apps you guys listed but they are all for Mac OS. There isn't a single solution for Windows users?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.