Which Mac Computer should I get.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

I believe that icarus' "dumbass" comment was not directed towards anyone in particular... but more of the nature of that if anybody thought that icarus meant that you could fit 8 CDs in one DVD phisicaly then they would be acting stupid. I think you misunderstood his meaning.

OP
M

Matt

Mac OS is just beautiful. Don't set your expectations too high, but it is very good, better than Windows XP in my opinion.

eMacs are a very good machine. Just definately not for gaming, because the Graphics card is soldiered to the motherboard, meaning that you will kill your warranty if you choose to change it, and I would suggest strongly you do not unless you are very familar with the risks involved, including the screen holds a 12KV charge even when off.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Avalon said:
8CD with 700MB each makes 5600MB (5.47 GB, as 1GB=1024MB)
This won't fit on a DVD-R/+R, except if it's double layered, which the Superdrive can't burn...

And, by the way, DVD-R/+R (single layer) have a capacity of 4.7GB...

I was thinking of the 650MB CD-RW when I stated 8 CD-Rs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
rman said:
I was thinking of the 650MB CD-RW when I stated 8 CD-Rs.

Icarus mentioned the 700MB...
but still... 8 x 650MB=5200MB (5.08GB)

7.4 CDs (650MB) matches 4.7 GB...

Sorry, but couldn't help it... :D
;)

@Icarus:
as you see, sometimes comments are not understood the way they are ment...so be careful with the words... ;)

BTW, I'm pretty sure everybody here knows that, physically, a DVD looks like a CD... so it was a useless comment

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Okay, okay between 6 and 7 CDs. :p

OP
M

mpolda

You're on the right track

eMac's give you a lot of features for the price, no doubt about it. Personally, I love the floating screen on my iMac, but you pay for it. I don't know how big of a hurry you're in, but I'd wait a couple of weeks to see what the new iMac offers.

OP
M

missyvortex

Matt said:
Mac OS is just beautiful. Don't set your expectations too high, but it is very good, better than Windows XP in my opinion.

eMacs are a very good machine. Just definately not for gaming, because the Graphics card is soldiered to the motherboard, meaning that you will kill your warranty if you choose to change it, and I would suggest strongly you do not unless you are very familar with the risks involved, including the screen holds a 12KV charge even when off.

You can change the eMac graphics? I'm just curious since I might get one in a sometime (secondhand so obviously warranty not likely to be an issue) and it would be good to be able to upgrade graphics, since everything else you might want to is upgradable (optical drive, hdd, ram + those lovely firewire/usb2 ports to run many things off that cant be fitted inside).
If anyone can give a link i'd love to read about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.