Need help with error code

Reaction score
If anybody out there can help me with this and/or come up with a solution, I would greatly appreciate it! I have an IMAC G4/1.25GHZ desktop. It worked fine for about a year but one day it powered on but that was it. I used the apple hardware test to find out what is wrong and it showing error code 25TF/8/3:ATA-100ata-6-master. I have not been able to find out any other information about this error code. Can anyone out there help me? Thank you!

Reaction score
If anybody out there can help me with this and/or come up with a solution, I would greatly appreciate it! I have an IMAC G4/1.25GHZ desktop. It worked fine for about a year but one day it powered on but that was it. I used the apple hardware test to find out what is wrong and it showing error code 25TF/8/3:ATA-100ata-6-master. I have not been able to find out any other information about this error code. Can anyone out there help me? Thank you!

I was only able to find another instance of that Hardware Error Code and you can read about it here.

Basically it points to a failing or failed Hard Drive. Hard Drives have been know to fail at any time regardless of the age of the computer.

I hope you don't lose any of your personal data out of this and can't stress how important it is to regularly back up all your important files.

You could try Firewire Target Disc Mode to access your files on the iMac but you'll need to have access to another Firewire capable Mac.

You'll need a 6-pin to 6-pin Firewire Cable too. Basically you connect the two Macs and boot your iMac holding the "T" key then you'll notice your iMacs HD will mount onto the other Macs Desktop so you can transfer stuff using drag & drop. It's just like working with an external HD.

Let us know how you go with it.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Deep down I had a feeling it was the hard drive but thought maybe I'd catch a break and it would be something repairable. Not sure what I'll do from here but again I appreciate the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.