Desktop Wallpaper

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if there's a way to use one image and stretch it across multiple desktops?

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I am not sure whether it is possible to stretch it across multiple desktops without using App. like Photoshop. However, if you are looking for such wallpapers, here is a good place to lookup.

OP
J
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not asking this right. Instead of setting a individual desktop background image on each monitor individually, I'd like to select one image and have that stretch across both monitors.

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
That would look really stretched out unless you have a really wide panoramic type image. Just saying. I guess if you have an image like that, you could crop it into 2 parts and then set each part as the desktop background. That's the only thing I could think of to do it.

OP
J
Reaction score
The images I would like to use are indeed panoramic, I've done the cropping thing, just looking for a more simple solution. In the M$ world there was a shareware that worked very well for doing this in Vista, was hoping to find the same thing over here.

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
Well, the cropping it into 2 images is free. So I'd use that method, but that's just me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
I don't know of any programs that can do that. I also have a similar situation (I'm running a powerbook with a cinema display right next to it), and cropping and fitting each image seems the easiest solution in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Doesn't OS X do this on it's own? Just select "Stretch" instead of time or Center and it should do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Doesn't OS X do this on it's own? Just select "Stretch" instead of time or Center and it should do it.
They are talking about stretching an image across multiple displays. That option will only stretch an image on one display.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I realise that they are talking about a multiple display. But from what I've known, if you want to have the same desktop on two displays, you need to "Center" it cause stretching it will have the same desktop stretch across the two displays. I just thought the reverse of it will be true. I'll try it when I get my hands on the iBook....

Reaction score
it would have to be one of those 5 MB press kit quality images... and i don't know if you can do it.

perhaps pick a pattern and it would appear seamless over the stretch?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.